Captain's log #35

Yesterday's works went to adding a couple of needed guitar blings (saturated amp screaming in the intro; swarm-like background sound a la Morbid Angel during one of the slow parts). Measuring the results in terms of my own previous production, I think this thing kills; but regarding the vocals I found a surprise.

My raspy efforts of the day before yesterday seem to have been in vain; with the vocal tracks aligned and with reverb, the raspiness does not come through. What sticks out the most is my high pitched voice, in a very melodic way that, surprise surprise, made me think immediately of Kiss; to be preciser, of the song "Love Gun".

At that moment, the following inner dialogue took place in my brain:
--Ehm... Kiss is a great band...
--Don't give me crappy excuses you lazy bastard! You know you have to redo the vocals...

So well, I'll have to experiment and record more. Should be easier now that I have a well defined process...

Today I cannot record anything, so maybe I'll give it a rest until tomorrow.

Popular posts from this blog

Iumring tq gqngiusiqns

Maple Dye, "Unloved"

"Crazy JS Teacher"