Captain's log #31

Finished the "lightning mode" software setup. Funny how the process is similar to what you do in audio production; you fire it up, see where it derails, fix it, go back to the beginning, fire it up again, see where it derails now... Everything is a process. I've corralled it to 3 clicks+3 keypresses between boot and being singing. Everything documented so that the improvement stays.

Another innovation today that is a keeper is what I'm going to call "redux version"; as the song has long instrumental interludes, I've created a version that skips them gracefully; that way my verses will be more consistent among them, my voice won't cool down with the waiting, and also I'll finish every take quicker. Editing was a bit boring (the song has 2 tempo changes; that's what I call hitting the road running with Drumgizmo...), but the result is well worth it.

Additionally, pops are being filtered, room reflections are being killed, and today I even got to the fun part, the simplicity that must result out of all these intricacies; I recorded a few goofy takes, experimenting with my voice's degree of raspiness, the intonation... I'm aiming for something like "you make me more bored than angry, but don't push your luck". I always thought that being a singer is a lot like being an actor...

Popular posts from this blog

Iumring tq gqngiusiqns

Maple Dye, "Unloved"

"Crazy JS Teacher"