Captain's log #17

Ah, that's better. Feeling much rejuvenated now. Funny how yesterday at some point, during my "rest day", one of the things I did, spontaneously, just because, was grabbing the guitar and playing some tunes. I think that's the spirit. Keep it fun.

I still have to make it through my Bruce Wayne life so I don't know how much of me will be left when I get to the music. But I have to make some serious dent on the drum tracks thing today. The task has suddenly become daunting, and I know where that leads; there's a familiar stink in the air...

I think I'll try getting analytical, listing all the problems and deciding how to tackle them before diving in. Regarding the arrangement, I'll give it a deadline and if I cannot make it I'll cut my loses and go back to the simpler version I was using. I hate it but I hate more taking so long to release stuff (consolation thought: I can always re-record later.)

The sad thing is, if I had a human drummer with me, with shared influences, all it would take would be the time to tell him, "here something like tutupa tutupaku", and he would know what I was going for. Drumgizmo is great, but the next enhancement has to be a human player.

In the future I also want to research if Soundcloud would allow the "dripping album" system. I think it would take a lot of pressure out for me launching the songs as I finish them, and I still keep the option of the finished album in Bandcamp when the moment comes.

Popular posts from this blog

Iumring tq gqngiusiqns

Maple Dye, "Unloved"

"Crazy JS Teacher"