Captain's log #8

Finished (abandoned) "Coming back" mixing. Today I'll apply the mastering process and be done with it. I've erred too far into production tasks (which tire me and depress me), and it's been a while since I entered the land of diminishing returns.

It seems there's no way around with the vocals track; if you apply compression to tame the big initial push, you get too much shhhs and bohhhs. So after trying all kind of tricks, I just went back to my previous version and reduced manually the volume of some of the beginnings of phrase.

In spite of this, overall I like the final result pretty much. Especially the moment when the solo enters. It's something my twentysomethings old self would have listened to with pleasure, cutting classes at the school campus while smoking the stuff he used to smoke back then...

I'd like to publish the Black Sheep Riot album somewhere around October, and the Maple Dye one at some point in November. It would be a great closing of the year; I also like this setup because this way December becomes kind of a "buffer", from which I can chip away extra time when the unavoidable delays start to happen.

We'll see we'll see. I have a lot of stuff to do, but having the vision polarizes all the missing pieces; right now it looks  feasible, though a big stretch. The planning stage is like the military parade, everything looks so sharp and impressive. The execution is more like the war itself, where things don't look so neat anymore...

Popular posts from this blog

Iumring tq gqngiusiqns

Maple Dye, "Unloved"

"Crazy JS Teacher"