Captain's log #2

Installed the window manager in the music distro (gave some troubles, but nothing serious, and I also documented it so from now on it will be easier).

To cope with the yawn-ness of the whole thing, I structure things like this: "I'm going to do this wm thing, and then I'm going to do something that actually involves music". The premise was doing something that involved sound, creating it, editing it, recording it... When the moment came what I figured out was checking the session of the song I was mixing before the "great breakdown".  I chose this task because it only involves one program, the DAW, so configuration overheads are lower.

What makes sketchy and strange the inventory I currently have is that, during the absence of computer A, I tried to stay committed and do what I could with computer B. That involved generally recording, which computer B could take, but not so much mixing, plugin stuff, etc...

The song I left in the mixing process is called "Zombie barf"; it has been bugging me for a long time because of the drums; the kick recording is multilayered, which adds richness to the sound, but if you're not careful, some of the beats get lost/sound too prominent. On the other hand, if I reduce the degree of "humanization", the drum tracks sounds unintendedly industrial (it's supposed to be a hardcore punk song).

I've been through this pendulum for too long but yesterday I think I got a sweet spot (as sweet as I can get with these tracks; this slowness is hindering things, is dangerous). I did some automation, exported, and today I'll listen to it again and hopefully call it a song...

Popular posts from this blog

Iumring tq gqngiusiqns

Maple Dye, "Unloved"

"Crazy JS Teacher"