Captain's log #4

After giving some thought to what to do next, I passed another song through the gorilla master process. 2 ready, 6 to go.
This one was "You're Repulsive", an impromptu one that was already published, but needed some tweaking. This has made me realize that most of the material of this album has already been somewhat published, but hardly noticed, so...

It surprised me how clear the bass sounded in this one. I think what I did different from Zombie was not using distortion; that was an experiment because I thought a distorted bass would cut better through the mix, etc...

In this one the drums hardly qualify as such; they're just a loop on top of which everything gets played. But the song turned out well and it fits the mood of the collection, I think.

I chose doing this one for morale purposes (getting one more song to done quickly is a boost, reducing inventory is great...), plus reinforcing the just created master process with a new iteration.

After that, I also prepared the session for "Coming back", still to be produced. I'll do it today, and I'm confident I can take it to completion; the song has a long and twisted story, so all the available mistakes have already been made and taken care of...

(In addition I also did some config works, from now on to be referred as "unknotting intestines". Ah, the fun! This time writing documentation every step of the way, so that Murphy at least has to look for another entrance, etc...)

Popular posts from this blog

Iumring tq gqngiusiqns

Maple Dye, "Unloved"

"Crazy JS Teacher"