Captain's log #6

99% sure "Coming back" is finished. Gotta relisten today. I got plenty of moments during the session where I though "aha, that's it, it matches what I had in mind".

The main point of discomfort in this one is that the overall mix is a bit 2D, especially considering (or perhaps more noticeably because of)  that trill effect coming and going it has in the middle; I would have liked to give it more depth, but... I think that's a job for a professional producer; for me this one is an advance in the right direction, so I think I'll leave the table and cash my earnings now that I'm winning...

Another positive surprise was how well tape saturation works in the song. I have used it in the past in several songs, and I had discarded it as a great creator of mess; maybe it's something that works in ballads only? Material for new experiments in the future.

Popular posts from this blog

Iumring tq gqngiusiqns

Maple Dye, "Unloved"

"Crazy JS Teacher"