The road ahead

I had set the purpose for myself of releasing one sonic product every week till February. Mission accomplished.
With that purpose, what I intended was to get myself back in the habit of releasing stuff, get the deadline adrenaline pumping, and iterating through my processes through doing, which most of the time is the only way you can obtain actual improvements on them.

What next? The upcoming stake on the ground, one new song per month until the end of the year, was decided beforehand, and going through this experience hasn't shown the need to redefine it, so I'll stick to it --at least this one first month, and let's see how it goes. However, I've been doing some reflection about the way to deploy it.

The delivery schedule for this blog will remain as usual: one weekly post, or rather "one post within every week". However, I'm not going to continue with the weekly sonic deliveries. Too much things are flowing, and the monthly song is going to take all my organizing power --I don't discard however, uploading some occasional stuff at some point if something quick comes; inspiration, well you know how it goes...--.

Things are too moving and changing at this point to commit to the weekly stuff with security. I would like to compensate that reduction of sonic content by posting more than once a week, but again I cannot make a solid commitment in all honesty. When I first had to revise my delivery standards a few months ago, I said I believed in speeding down in order to survive. Another way to put it is that I believe in consistency; the only advance that is sustainable is the one you can maintain steadily; the "big burst" of abundance that you get one day and then leaves you the next 15 days k.o. is no good (there are plenty of examples of how ill and dysfunctional is that kind of two times cycle, for example the way our economic system operates).

I'm happy with my advances in systematizing music making. I'm definitely a slow learner, exploring a territory that, in addition, seems pretty uncharted to me. But I love when I feel that peculiar "perfume" when a mature process you've been developing, starts to accumulate and makes a certain task of your life definitely easier, and ready for more improvement. That sensation is definitely arriving to my music making, and I don't know how long will it take or how far will I get, but it feels great.

Popular posts from this blog

Iumring tq gqngiusiqns

Maple Dye, "Unloved"

"Crazy JS Teacher"