WIP notes

ust a quick update today. I've been working consistently in my new song, and I'm pretty sure I will make the deadline I set for myself of the day after tomorrow (unless the evil dr. Muda sends me some of its last minute fiends, one must always stay alert you know).

I'm (pretty) happy with the product and with the process so far. Above all, I'm training myself in a new way of working. For example, this song has a section with irregular, non-metronome guided pauses, and along the whole month, I've dreaded the moment where I would have to do the editing. In the songs of yore, this kind of track surgery would have given me the jeebie weebies; you have to select all the tracks you've been working on, cut them at selected locations, and then drag them around. So many things can go wrong...

However, this time has been easier than the previous, by far. And when a couple of mistakes did occur, I've faced them methodically as learning opportunities, and now they exist only as a new wealth in my process lists, a new contingency that is taken care of for the future. So I feel fortunate that they happened in such a low scale.

Popular posts from this blog

Iumring tq gqngiusiqns

Maple Dye, "Unloved"

"Crazy JS Teacher"