A "departmental tree" for one

Brain plasticity, the great human perk, does not come without a price; there is a toll to be paid in effort (attention is energy), whenever we switch from one "mode" to another. Optimus Prime does not become a truck or viceversa unless he has to, because there is some effort involved in every metamorphosis.

That's what make so useful and necessary to find some kind of mental tool that allows you to "zoom out" from one matter and then "zoom in" quickly on the next: "what was that I was trying to do here? Oh yes, I remember now"

I've been documenting here my latest efforts to divide rationally my activities into specialized "departments" or "personalities", in wait for the moment when I can hand over gladly the things I don't enjoy doing to some other assistant (In doing that I've found that, the more a task or area of my life bores/frightens me, the more it gets benefitted by some structured thinking; you make the habits, and then the habits make you, really).

So I've come with this structure that is my own personal remix of the different GTD and TPS wisdoms I've been through in the latest years. I apply them not only in music, but in other "departments" of this business of life of mine:

DEPARTMENT NAME
Similar to GTD's areas of focus, but kinda looking at myself as a 'company' full of 'internal customers'. An example I posted about was the engineer.
    |
    |
    |
    V
MISSION STATEMENT
All of them started by the same declaration, that goes something like this: "Why do we do this, why do we exist, what difference do we make, why do we take the effort to do these tasks that are such pain in the ass?"
    |
    |
    |
    V
PROJECTS
One time things (GTD's strong point, perhaps?)
    |
    |
    |
    V
ROUTINES
Things that I do periodically as they bring value to my life, in the department I'm discusssing

I go through this "routine" every time I go into one my formalized modes, and it works every time to put me on the track and place my focus in the right place.

Popular posts from this blog

Iumring tq gqngiusiqns

Maple Dye, "Unloved"

"Crazy JS Teacher"