"Whatever works" must be portrayed

As a corollary to my previous post: we are going to use "whatever works" for each process. And isn't that what we've always done? Yes, but with a difference. We are going to document it to make it steady (steady enough to allow us use it as the base for the next steady).

In manufacturing there is always a process to follow. On the contrary, in fields like the artistic process, that's not necessarily so. The process can be implicit, never expressed. So there is a fine line, a risk that "yeah, I know" means "I don't have a process for that". Only when you become conscious of a process, whatever the shape it takes, you can start to tackle it. Shit will happen as it is inclined to, and then you have something to improve upon. I find this much more empowering than the 'oh-I'm-a-victim-of-circumstances' attitude that is the defacto alternative.

Where am I know: I've established a looser standard for all my processes: they all, whatever they deal with, must fit in one screen. They can be pictures, screenshots, text files, whatever. But no scrolling. So far I've found no exceptions, and I like this simplicity rule. I tend to overcomplicate and maybe micromanage more than I should (although I also get things right often: my former self has brought me some nice surprises of well crafted processes lately).

Popular posts from this blog

Iumring tq gqngiusiqns

Maple Dye, "Unloved"

"Crazy JS Teacher"