Future proof processes

I'm rethinking my production these days, trying to do a lot of things in a different way, just to see how it feels, and maybe getting a clue (the research works in both ways, this is the daily grind side, the other, the issue of my previous posts, the other extreme of the matter: higher levels, why do I exist as a musician, what's my environment and what do I intend to pursue within it).

One of the big discoveries of these days, process wise, is the need to future proof my processes better. My musical activity is often attacked by plenty of outside and inner factors, so there can come periods when I hardly do anything. Even long periods, sometimes (the fact that I aspire to consistency does not mean that I can ignore the current situation).

After one of those periods, it's very uncomfortable and embarrassing not remembering how did I use to do this or that thing, or even which format I used to keep the process steps. I have a whole storehouse full of reinvented wheels. Not only inefficient but also embarrassing. That has to end.

Not exactly the same issue, but strongly connected to it, is that, perhaps because my formation years happened in the pre-Computer God era, I used to have the paper-folder-index card fetish. It's like you try to create a work of art of your notebooks by complicating them artificially, instead of doing the opposite: try to keep everything in one single paper. No matter how you try, it will get messy and try to break its boundaries, and that will give you the complex-stationeriesque form you yearn for. I think I'm more than through with this disease, but it doesn't hurt to mention it, just in case.

Popular posts from this blog

Iumring tq gqngiusiqns

Maple Dye, "Unloved"

"Crazy JS Teacher"