The structural problem

What's the environment in which we develop our musical 'business'?

A society in open decomposition.

The pole is melting. The theater itself is in flames this time.

Peoples, like individuals, have births and deaths, youth and decay. It only takes a simple look at a window (or 20-30 years of attentive awareness) to see where is heading our exhausted society.

Where does that leave the individual who just wants to fulfill his mission, make his contribution in the way he is inclined to?

For most of musicians, this dilemma does not exist. They just plug their instrument, start cranking out notes, do their thing, lulaby themselves into oblivion.

But those are the ones that eventually cannot keep so much unsconciousness under the rug. I've recently learned the stories of some more fellows I didn't know: oh, sucided? How original. O.D.? You kiddin me! Etc ad nauseam.

There is also this other thing, I believe in music as culture; a word with the same root as cultivation: in other words, internal fertilization of human beings. And boy how many zombis you see walking their pathetic automatic lives you see down the street need to be fertilized. ASAP.

(To be completely honest, I don't think there is a division between entertainment and culture, the division is artificial, but this would take me too far).

So by the moment I'm thinking about this stuff (again: not because I'm a pedantic, but because this is tricky business and you cannot fuck around with the muses). And also I'm freestyling with my guitar. A loner with a stringed instrument, maybe the way everything started, like 5,000 years ago?

Popular posts from this blog

Iumring tq gqngiusiqns

Maple Dye, "Unloved"

"Crazy JS Teacher"