"...so why should I care, exactly?"

All of this looks like a lot of work in addition to everything you already have. What's the point of so much analysis? Wouldn't time and energy be better employed just firing up the DAW and going ahead into the next idea, hoping that force of habit will take us by the hand and that's all the organization required?

That's for each to decide on their own. In my case, it sure pays off. The more uncertain the environment is, the more you need a system. And a music maker faces a lot of uncertainties, both external and internal.

The point of so many systems and lists is not to create 'cookie cutter' solutions for songs, increasing quantity at the expense of quality. On the contrary. I want tiny, well greased machines, that take care of the boring parts of every process, so that when the moment of actual creativity is in front of me, I can give it my best shot.

Modern life is often death by paper cuts. Stuff gets in your way, a bit here and a bit there, none of it is very harmful in itself but it adds up quickly and drags you down. By the time you finish what you must/should do, and get to what you WANT to do, you may be exhausted.

I don't want a vacuum cleaner or a groceries list to get in the way of my creativity. Even within the musical activity, I don't want gear preparation, having to find the bloody file with the lyrics , or tuning up software, to get in the way of what I want to express. Those chores will always exist, and the only way to make them nice and interesting is if, at least, you're solving a different problem each time. I have found that, by having a system in place, and giving some of your focus to the system itself and not only the product, your everyday efforts sum up along time. It's like a bucket that collects rain drops. A little at a time, it adds up to a lot. The water would be lost otherwise.

Popular posts from this blog

Iumring tq gqngiusiqns

Maple Dye, "Unloved"

"Crazy JS Teacher"