Definition of the problem

The problem to be solved is: my capability to create music in the intangible world is way beyond my capability to take it to fruition as an objective product in "the real world". Like, in a 20,000 to 1 proportion. The transition from ideas to sounds is too slow, so the music inventory stacks up in my head.

And inventory, as in any other realm, is only a source of problems. In the case of songs, it's reached the point where it's like a jungle down there. Songs that have waited for their expression way too long beyond their point of maturity, start to get bullied by the newcomers who need a riff or two and can't wait.  Two songs that weren't supposed to meet each other get mutually contaminated and there comes a point where you don't know what belongs to each. Sometimes that melange is creative; but it can easily degenerate into utter chaos; in some occasions, I get to feel that I'm committing plagiarism of songs that are not still created! Etc. You should see my hard drives...

I'm not complaining, I don't want it to stop, I just want to convey more and better of it. From the internal point of view it will benefit me, and and from the external, it is only once the stuff is out there that it can be of any use to other human being. I wholeheartedly agree with Ian McKaye's rule: it is only a song when it has reached someone else's ears.

The way I see it, we creative people have a moral obligation of putting stuff out there, to make things happen. Some people, poor fellas, wouldn't recognize an idea if they were hit by it on the head. They catch other people's ideas that are in the environment, in the collective atmosphere (and, don't get me wrong, they sometimes do awesome things with them, things beyond the creator's possibilities); so, besides the personal gratification and health I obtain from the whole process (my choice, my thing, my joy), from a social point of view it's my duty to make the contribution, to put out good stuff out there for others to enjoy, get inspired, grow in unexpected ways. And quick; enough with the ivory towers, you only have to watch some news to see that the ugly ones are winning, their atmosphere dumpers are way more developed...

Popular posts from this blog

Iumring tq gqngiusiqns

Maple Dye, "Unloved"

"Crazy JS Teacher"