Murder Christmas (and fucking drop dead)


I wanted to try something different for my new sonic output; adding quick and dirty drums, as one simple stepping up from a simple metronome.

Naturally, things took longer than expected to set up, but I like the sorta pattern that my production is taking lately; along the week, I try to get some time out of the pressures of the day to get something done, using the "radioactive task" technique that I've described (diy music counts as very hard work that really can burn you out; you're making the work of, by my count so far, 4 different people, plus the overhead of moving from one "cap" to the other). This work advances slow and methodically, following the Toyota philosophy of "going slow to go fast". I'm solving problem after problem without skipping any, and making sure that the investment of time pays off, that I no longer solve a problem and then forget that I did.

This way of working gets a bit on my nerves sometimes, but what I've found is that it allows me to better let it go when I just want to take some sonic product out quick. There I forget about any kind of premise and just churn out; it's a good practice in itself, too.

For example this Antichristmas carol, started with the paraphrasis of the usual holidays wish, and a lot of listening to Metal Messiah Radio I've been doing lately. I felt like growling and venting out, and the lyrics came out very easily:

Murder Christmas
and fucking drop dead
the air is poisoned
and so is the Earth
the chances of hope
are just in your head
your flesh is dropping
one year of decay

Murder christmas
Murder christmas
Murder christmas
This is a Murder christmas

Where is the snow
the whole planet's gonna blow
you wish you had another
so you can go waste some more
king of creation
moron on the rise
shame of the universe
retarded suicide

Murder Christmas
and ugly new year
life as we know it
is about to dissappear
Murder Christmas
and fucking drop dead
the air is poisoned
and so is the Earth

Let's talk influences, which I always enjoy. Homage due to Brujería, the first song of Down's 'IV', a bit of Mayhem, and a bit of Doors and Queens of the Stone Age in the final solo I guess, although I tried to go more for maniac than for psychodelic-cabaret...

Also there was this band called Negativity, with album titles like 'please kill yourself'... I liked that style of "so depressing that is almost funny". :)

Popular posts from this blog

Iumring tq gqngiusiqns

Maple Dye, "Unloved"

"Crazy JS Teacher"