Podcast = learning experience

After giving it some consideration, I've decided to discontinue the podcast (at least by the moment), to focus my efforts on other areas, where they will be more useful.

I don't regret having run this "experiment"; it has not only generated a lot of learning about my current situation, my environment and my skills (and lack of thereof) in different areas; it has also fulfilled the purpose of helping me get through the worst part of the winter, which was one of my motivations when I started this side project, so in that regard the experience has been successful (because I'm still here, haha...)

Once you get the "knack" of creating standard work processes, a new era of creativity and development opens for you. I've gone through the "valley of tears", I've put down the hours, and I'm now able to create basic stability in a new process quite simply. My big error, perhaps, was underestimating the effort required. Standard work conquers all, true, but the conquering takes effort, and I need my "fuel supply" for other endeavors. Namely, my music making. The "gear wars" I'm going through are looking up, and I advance, not at the speed of light but at the speed of bullshit, but I advance towards going at some point back to my normal production. This opens a new set of problems that, again, not for being my "favorite problems", my chosen area of action, take less toil out of me.

So I think it is a good thing to stop the podcast now, when the project hasn't still caught enough traction to strongly disturb listeners who had, perhaps, got into a pleasant listening habit. I'll stick by the moment to the economic, yet very effective, communication means of writing. Stay tuned for more provocative thought and, hopefully, music soon to come.

Popular posts from this blog

Iumring tq gqngiusiqns

Maple Dye, "Unloved"

"Crazy JS Teacher"