New Album "Pale Reflections" by Maple Dye

 



Here's an album so diverse that it's almost a mixtape. Some of the tracks were recorded in 2013 (and the composition of some of the song reaches back all the way to 1993!). They span through 2 countries, 5 houses, 3 audio interfaces... no wonder they are so varied. After trying different approaches for the playlist order, what I finally found was creating a bit of an "EP within an EP". The first series of songs starts with "As My Mood Goes Down" and closes with "Teaser Of Hell". From that point on, I looked at it as sort of an "after party", as if saying "OK, if you feel like it there's still more music ahead, but be warned that things are getting a bit weirder from this point on..."

All in all, I listen to the collection with joy (although it will also be a "joy" to stop listening for a while after these repetitive final steps...) My favorite this round is perhaps "Oh Dirty Happiness", I'm very happy with the way the crescendo in the middle came through...



Popular posts from this blog

Iumring tq gqngiusiqns

Maple Dye, "Unloved"

"Crazy JS Teacher"