When CV no longer eeewwws

I guess it's connatural to this season to make plans, summaries, reviews... To pause and look back for a minute before starting to move forward again. In my case, this year it's meant to start keeping a "Musical CV", in other words a chronological (as much as I can) document that contains an exhaustive (as much as I can) list of all the music I've produced, and other noteworthy events in this noisemaker vocation that has happened to be the "one thing" for me.

I started the document in order to get some clarity, and I've already got some. The first surprise -expected but yet a surprise- is just facing the heap of stuff I've already worked on, been involved in, and put out there already. I guess it's also only natural that we forget about the road we've already trod upon, always focused already on reaching the next stop. Even physically, we have eyes on our forward side, and a back, which is blind, on the backwards side.

The improvement works I've been doing upon my processes in the latest years include that each song now receives a "closure" process after shipping, so it will be very simple to add a step in that process to write down the title every time some new stuff is put out there from now on.

If you're going to create a document of this sort, here's a bold movement I dare you to make: make it a "closed box". Before starting, give it some thought, and come up with your best estimation of until what year you think you'll be around in this planet, and put that year at the bottom/right side (depending on how you format it) of your document. Now how's that for a reference point? :P

Popular posts from this blog

Iumring tq gqngiusiqns

Maple Dye, "Unloved"

"Crazy JS Teacher"