Whoops... countermeasure

Damn, I just forgot about my weekly post and I'm remembering now.

Even worse: in fact, I've been intermittently remembering it along the weekend, but then getting swept away by some other thing. Lots of waste there.

So in the spirit of kaizen, a modification of my process is in order. In this case, the countermeasure to keep this problem from reappearing starts with a change of standards. In my initial working standards, I decided that this blog was going to be an informal, out of the map thing, and so it was going to be "that thing not documented". That idea, as romantic as it sounded, creates no value for the reader, and can even become a 'disvalue', as this mishap proves.

So the countermeasure is including a reminder in my calendar on Sundays; so when things get frantic, I'll still find that warning to write the "broom" post. My hypothesis, considering how stable is my calendar checking process, is that it will be enough to keep the problem from reoccurring. I still want to keep this from becoming too 'complicated', avoiding generating inventory like notes for future posts and the like, but maybe I went too far with frugality this time. I blame it on the 'Honeymoon effect' of any blooming project: "but of course, honey, I will always remember our anniversary..." But at some point the passion fades and all that's left is commitment... lol...

Popular posts from this blog

Iumring tq gqngiusiqns

Maple Dye, "Unloved"

"Crazy JS Teacher"