Maple Dye, "Coming Back"



This song was born totally by accident; I was trying to find some kind of online buddy to help me with the mixing and mastering drudgery, so I thought it would be a good idea to put together the simplest of songs, maybe guitar and a couple of voices, so we could start with something simple and my collaborator didn't get scared.

Lo and behold, I wrote this song but then I "listened" to that oscillating sound that comes from the bottom in the middle section (I think inspired by an arrangement in Bob Dylan's "Forever young"). And once you "listen" to something, if you're a musician worth your salt, you cannot "unlisten" it.

That effect was very difficult to pull off and the process (together with other mistakes and inexperiences of mine), ended the patience of my mixer collaborator. Aw dang... Of course it's hard to establish binds via internet, speaking of music is like dancing architecture, etc...

As for the song, I'm happy with its narcotic quality and the way it opens to a new dimension in the middle. Also the wahwah that spices up things, which was an acquisition of this final round of revisions, and which made me think, as it happens to me sometimes, that I'm perhaps ordinarily too sparse in my delivery: one thing is being minimalistic, and other starving the listener... I'll keep searching for that elusive equilibrium...

Popular posts from this blog

Iumring tq gqngiusiqns

Maple Dye, "Unloved"

"Crazy JS Teacher"