Turning the ship: new standards

I'm usually very unusual in everything I do. Some people think that I do it on purpose, but I think more of some kind of astrological thing. For example, one thing that happens to me often is that I find very easy to do certain things that other people can't even think of, but the opposite is also true.

Taking this to the realm of music, I find that the problem I set out to solve and I was writing about in this blog, is only a problem for myself.

In a way, our current world is "dying of success"; technological success. Lots of eyes and neurons focused on the same field create excellency on that field, and that's what we've seen in the field of information management technology.

I wish we had a tenth of the same achievement in the moral field (and moral, from the latin mores, habits, includes artistic creation). In that realm we are in the most absolute of miseries. It's like a person with one leg of 10,000 tons and the other weighting 8 grams. No wonder we're in trouble. And the big leg, technology, keeps growing, while the other stays unattended. That's why all movies are superhero movies, and we have childish clunky moral codes of yore, a rotten boy-scout ethos for everyday life, and so on, in a world than more than ever could use  some sensitivity and quality thought to tackle the tremendous problems is facing.

The "thing I do incredibly easily" is composing music. The thing that I find difficult and toilsome is the technology part. The world, like I say, operates inversely. My problem is to manage the incredible gifts of creativity; most of the musicians out there struggle to piece together something coherent enough so that they can fire up their ultramodern and fast equiment.

(There's more to all of this, but this is the "part of the elefant" that I wanted to tackle in this post).

So there's no use in having a public platform discussing  matters that are only troublesome to me.

Culture, human sensitivity, nuance, are gifts I've cultivated for decades and preserved for believing in their value, sometimes paying a very high price in the personal sphere. As the world became more and more out of control, I felt like a guy who protects a baby in the middle of a flood.

It is that culture what makes me feel alive as an actual human being, with feelings and imagination and yearnings to become better every day and learn and do good deeds (actually good, not boy-scout like good). It is other humans, whom I feel as friends in many cases, who wove that treasure of culture that now I profit on, and that I try to contribute to.

All highly impopular concepts, but the good thing is if you asked me 20 years ago you would have got similar declarations from me, and it will probably be even more grounded in me in 20 years' time, if I'm still around. I'm a person with a purpose, something that most of the high-tech-gurus+moral-imbeciles out there are horribly lacking and suffering the consequences of.

Funny and probably not casual that all these transformations coincide with the "technical revolution" I've been experiencing in my musical equipment, section sofware. It's been like a marathon of programs and tests, with the final result, to my amazement, that I've solved for the first time certain roadblocks that I've been suffering as "givens" since I resumed my musical activity in 2009. Maybe that's why I can see more clearly the role of technique and my relation to it in the whole puzzle.

The final consequence of all of this is: I love Lean, I want it to thrive, I wish I had a time machine to go to my past self and tell me hey stop wasting your time and check this shit... But you can't "do Lean" to others; so my teaching must be my results; just in the same way as in the 80s a group of US researchers went to Japan to study how come a clunky company nobody cared about a few years ago was now snatching market and outsmarting all the competitors.

So from now on, my Lean teaching becomes "teaching by example". Which will also take a lot of learning from my part. God I love this stuff. PDSA forever!!!

What becomes the role of this blog then? 2 modest premises at the moment. Firstly, the habit of writing a sporadic post will probably continue for a while, as the inertia of the weekly habit wears off. But I'll do it without space or theme constraints, only for my personal gratification. I like listening to myself thinking aloud.

Secondly, until I have a different platform or modify this one, the blog will also be updated when the occassion comes with the more traditional promotional content of the kind album finished, song available, etc... I yield to the "commercial" meaning of .com.

It goes without saying, but, as always, these premises are only steady until they become substitued by the better ones that will come with future experiences. That's how this works :)

Popular posts from this blog

Iumring tq gqngiusiqns

Maple Dye, "Unloved"

"Crazy JS Teacher"