Hold on to Love




 It didn't take a rocket scientist to notice, but hey, I gave myself a mental medal when I saw Jason Becker's second single, after having mentioned in my previous post about his adventures how he seems so strongly focused on love.

Love not as in Hollywood love (i.e. control, power and prejudice). Not as in cheap novels (i.e. fear structures, mating game, stiff definitions of you, of me, of you-and-me). Love is a very bastardized word, like most of the important ones are.

Love as in breaking the barriers, the chains that exist within us. The separations that burden us and make us unhappy. Love as in a connection that is already there and only awaits to be "unburied". Love as something whose meaning must be investigated by each of us, one by one, on our own; something to get better at. Like Emerson once said, we are not here to work, we are here so that a certain work is done upon us.

Watching this new video, with the incredible performances of the players, and the proud "parade" of people who gather around Jason, at one point I remember I thought "hey, this is the human kind I want to belong to". A rare, wonderful emotion, in these days of darkness and hypocrisy... :)

Popular posts from this blog

Iumring tq gqngiusiqns

Maple Dye, "Unloved"

"Crazy JS Teacher"